Saturday, November 20, 2010

Dinner and a Scarf

Amazingly, this morning, my children let me sleep in until almost nine in the morning. This never happens, but even the baby was content letting me sleep. It was good in the sense that I had been up a few times in the wee hours of the morning feeding the baby.

Most morning, the kids are the ones who make their own breakfasts. This morning was no exception. Two had waffles, two had re-heated pizza.

I swept the floors and scrubbed the mat that usually goes on the floor in the living room.

I crocheted a scarf for my daughter. She has a choir-esque performance at the hotel on post called Dragon Hill Lodge with the other kindergarteners. Their teacher wants them to be dressed uniformly: khaki/tan pants/skirts, white long-sleeved, collared shirts or turtle necks, and red scarves. It's simple enough, but for the life of me, I haven't been able to locate any of that on post.

But, I was able to make the scarf. So, that is something.

For dinner, I had no idea what I was going to cook, but I managed a chicken pesto with peas, onions, and carrots on tri-color pasta. It must have been good. There were no leftovers. It's good to have things like chicken, pasta, and pesto on hand for quick and easy meals that seem like they should have been harder and taste like the should have taken longer.

The older three boys got hair cuts today, and they look spiffy.

I must go to the market tomorrow or Monday, but for now, the baby is crying.

No comments:

Post a Comment